The problem with personal online data privacy policies
People do not understand how their personal data is being used online. Whether the data is stored on Google, Facebook, Twitter, or anywhere else online, people do not have a way to view how their data is being used or accessed. Personal data is being monitored and stored in databases that are used by 3rd party applications to determine online habits of individuals. Hackers also access these databases to do harm to individuals.
There needs to be:
- A global system that alerts companies and their users that personal data is being accessed and how it is being used
- A centralized control panel for viewing data in real time, and people are given access and control to manage their data
- A system that can assist companies storing the data on their servers to be able to perform audits of the data usage and breaches
Solution to protect personal online data
DTRelay is the solution.
DTRelay gives power to the individuals to view and control access to their data, and it gives companies the ability to easily perform audits on data access in real time. DTRelay gives individuals and companies access to see who/what application is using data, and the ability to revoke the permissions. It can also monitor the data in real time, and create a notification if data is accessed.
For individuals DTRelay can give:
- Control over their personal data
- Real time stats of what is going on with their data
- A history of who accessed their data
- Access to revoke certain actions being taken, like revoking a token if the person doesn’t want an application accessing their data
For companies DTRelay can give:
- Additional security to Oauth Tokens
- A central location/mechanism to monitor, audit, and control the data easily and quickly
- Ability to terminate access to an application immediately if needed
- Reports on data usage, and breaches
DTRelay is an application layer that is easy to implement and is very versatile, and it requires *no* changes to the vendor APIs.